A Comprehensive List of How SERVPRO of CHHM Can Help You
Our crew is always ready to help!
Our main function is fire and water damage remediation, but did you know we do these things???
1. BIOHAZARD cleanup - should you have a major biohazard incident, we have the tools and expertise to clean and sanitize behind any catastrophe.
2. General Cleaning - got a rental that needs cleaned up after a tenant? We can help. Grandpa need some help keeping things in order? We can help.
3. Ductwork Cleaning - our specialized equipment cleans and freshens those AC vents. It is recommended to clean ductwork yearly to help reduce allergens.
4. Carpet Cleaning - YES! We can shampoo your carpets and/or upholstery.
5. JUST CALL AND ASK US! We're happy to help our friends and neighbors in any way we can. Not sure if we provide the service you need, just call the office and ask. Kris or Angie will be happy to get the answer and get you on the schedule.
CALL US 24/7 AT 731-983-0883
Have a SAFE and Happy Memorial Day!
Enjoy the festivities safely this weekend!
Memorial Day is for honoring America's heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice to defend our freedom. We often celebrate with our friends and families around the BBQ grill. Please remember these safety tips around the cooking equipment.
!. Create a 3 ft perimeter around cooking equipment to keep children and pets safe from the flames.
2. Never leave a heat source unattended. Keep an eye on that grill or fryer and be ready to extinguish flare ups.
3. Completely extinguish any fires or smoldering coals before you leave the area.
4. Make sure fryers have completely cooled before emptying or touching them for clean up.
Remember....SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is always here to help should the unthinkable happen. Call us 24/7 at 731-983-0883
Spring Means Storm Season - We're Here To Help
Our trucks are stocked and ready to respond!
Springtime can bring a lot of things...warmer weather, sunshine, sports.....and storms.
West Tennessee has the perfect climate for major spring storms, including damaging winds, hail, and even tornadoes. These weather events can be destructive to homes and property. When your home is damaged it can be difficult to navigate. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties can help!
We are available 24/7 to assist you through the difficult process. From tree removal and emergency repairs to dealing with the insurance companies, our team is experienced and stands ready to get you back in your home or business.
We can't control the weather, but we can help make the aftermath a little less stressful. Our local team answers your calls around the clock, and we're always ready to respond.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties at 731-983-0883 any time and we'll be ready to serve!
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
Happy Holidays from your SERVPRO of CHHM crew!
The holidays are here!
Decorations, and shopping and cooking, Oh My!
The busiest celebration season of the year has begun, but don't forget these quick safety tips to make sure the fun doesn't stop for trouble.
- Be sure to keep your space heaters in an open and safe area. Keep children and pets at least 3 feet away!
- Insulate the water pipes under your house and keep your sink cabinet doors open to help prevent burst pipes.
- Keep smokers, deep fryers, and even ovens and stove tops safe. Never leave them unattended, and keep those outdoor appliances a safe distance from your home.
- Have your fireplace cleaned and inspected before throwing the logs on.
We hope your holiday season is fun, warm, and worry-free, but should you need us, SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is available 24/7!
Call us at 731-983-0883 today!
We’re under new management!
Left - Jeff Miller (Franchise Owner)
Right - Dewayne Copley (General Manager)
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is proud to announce our new team!
Our previous franchise owner, Glen Pendergrass, finally decided to take a well-deserved retirement. After a long and successful career in construction and restoration, Mr. Glen plans to enjoy a little R&R with his lovely wife, Debbie, and his children and grandchildren. Congratulations Glen and Debbie!
Our new franchise owner, Mr. Jeff Miller, is a long-time restoration and construction expert, while also serving the community as a firefighter at Jackson Fire Department. Jeff and his beautiful wife, Anna, are excited to start this new adventure.
Our new general manager is Dewayne Copley. Dewayne has been in the construction and restoration business for over 20 years. He even worked here at our SERVPRO for several years as a project manager. Dewayne works hard to ensure our customers have a great experience and that our crews have what they need when they need it. From materials to a helping hand, Dewayne is the go-to guy for jobsite needs.
The crew and staff at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties are excited about this new era and our new family! We look forward to providing fast, professional and personal service to our communities.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties for all your water and fire damage restoration needs! 731-983-0883
BE PREPARED! Things you can do now that will make your home disaster claim go smoother
- Make an inventory list
- Go through each room of your home and take photos from each corner. Note the photos, art and other possessions. Take close-ups of items of exceptional value, whether sentimental or financial.
- List items on a spreadsheet, include model and serial numbers, manufacture dates, and other pertinent information.
- Include a general estimate of the quantity of everyday items like silverware, linens, and even clothing items. Ex: 10 Men’s T-shirts - XL, 4 men’s dress slacks - Size 34/32
- Scan or photograph important documents and save onto a flash drive.
These can help you obtain replacement documents, or file claims in the event your originals are destroyed. Don’t forget to include your inventory list. NOTE: keep this drive in a safe, fireproof location, or in a safe deposit box at the bank. Be sure to update the files every year, or any time something changes.
- Don’t hold on to junk!
Get rid of unused, broken, or unwanted items as soon as possible. When you have damage to your home, some or all of your contents, down to canned goods and refrigerated items, may have to be removed (and inventoried) during repairs. Save yourself and your SERVPRO technicians some time by throwing out or donating your unused items regularly.
- Schedule an insurance review with your agent.
Familiarize yourself with your coverages, limits, deductibles, and exclusions. Talking with your agent and asking questions ahead of time, will prevent unexpected and unwelcome surprises at claim time. Many times we depend on our agents to have us “fully covered”, but everyone is different, and so are our insurance needs.
- Lastly, if something should happen – DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING!
Call us at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties. Your first instinct in a disaster will be to try to restore order. You’ll want to pick up, or attempt to clean and sort damaged items. Truthfully, that’s the last thing you should do and here’s why:
- It may not be safe to be in your home, or to handle the contents. This will depend on the type and severity of damage, but safety must come first.
- You may inadvertently cause irreparable damage to your possessions. SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle contents, clean or contaminated, without causing further damage or contamination.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties! We’re here for you 24/7!
CALL 731-983-0883 FOR ALL YOUR RESTORATION NEEDS
- Fire damage restoration
- Water damage restoration
- Bio-hazard remediation
- Mold remediation
- Carpet cleaning
- Duct cleaning
Your Springtime Chore List Made Simple
Relax and unwind knowing SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties has your back!
Spring is here! While the blooming flowers and green grass can be a refreshing change from the cold, it’s also a great time to do some chores you’ve been putting off. Here’s our take on the most important spring chores, and a few pro tips to help make your life easier.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. We don’t need to tell you how important this is!
- Conduct a thorough outside inspection of your home and property. Check the foundation for cracks or leaks. Check decks, windows and doors for any repairs needed. Take a stroll around the yard and fencing to check for ankle-twisting holes or fencing repairs that need to be done.
- Clean and install window screens. Keep the critters and insects outside while enjoying the comfortable breezes of spring.
- Inspect and clean appliances. Check for water leaks, broken wires, filter replacements and any other problems. Pull appliance away from the wall and thoroughly clean lint and dust buildup. While you’re at it, go ahead and clean out your dryer vents. Not only are full vents a fire hazard, but they cause your dryer to work harder, which could lead to costly repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the gutters and downspouts. Fall leaves can fill gutters quickly, and cause poor draining, as well as damage the gutters themselves.
PRO TIP! - While you’re on the ladder, take a quick look at the roof. Check for missing or damaged shingles, satellite dish connections and attic vents.
- Clean ceiling fans and light fixtures. Remove and wash globes, replace blown bulbs and wipe down the surfaces. Be on the lookout for broken or burnt wiring and components.
PRO TIP! Check to make sure your ceiling fan blades are spinning clockwise to pull warmer air up and out. In the fall, reverse direction to push the warmer air down toward the floor.
- Clean the patio, grill, and outdoor furniture. Pressure wash the patios, porches and decks. Empty ashes and scrape grill racks. Check gas grills and tanks for leaks. Wipe down outdoor furniture and cushions, and add some new pillows or accents in bright, fun colors.
PRO TIP! On wooden surfaces, be sure to spray with the grain of wood to prevent splintering and damage. If water doesn’t bead up on the surface, it may be time to reseal.
- Perform maintenance on your mower and yard equipment. Inspect blades and belts, check the spark plugs, and change the oil and filters if applicable. Wind some new string in your weed trimmer.
PRO TIP! Never cut off more than a third of the length of a blade of grass. Leaving some length will keep the roots shaded and promote deeper roots and promote fullness.
PRO TIP! When mowing on a hill, mow up and down with a riding mower, and mow across when using a push-mower.
PRO TIP! Water your grass in the early morning to allow the sun to help with drying. Prolonged moisture on the blades can lead to disease and deteriorate the beautiful lawn you’ve worked so hard to grow.
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is available 24/7 to answer your call! 731-983-0883
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties, 731-983-0883
House Fire? What to do when the smoke clears...
This dining room was affected heavily by smoke damage. Our SERVPRO heroes are trained and equipped to sort it out and clean it up. Give us a call!
Once the flames are out and everyone’s accounted for, the long road to recovery begins. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed, there are many resources available to help you get through it. Here’s a basic to-do list to help you get started.
- Make sure the house has been cleared and deemed safe for entry.
- DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING! Don’t attempt to remove or clean anything. Fire damage and especially soot and smoke damage can be difficult to clean. Also, oils from your skin or any other cleaning products could cause further damage, and even ruin your belongings. It’s best to leave the clean up to the professionals.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to get your claim started. An adjuster will most likely need to visit the home to assess the damage.
- Document everything. While we don’t recommend you touch or move anything, it is important to keep a list, with photos where possible, of ruined or damaged items. This will help you and your insurance company make sure the items get replaced.
- Finally, call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties. We’ll handle the rest! We’ll work with your insurance company and you to get your home cleaned, repaired and restored as quickly as possible. We’ll pack, inventory and clean your belongings using our SERVPRO exclusive products and training. Don’t worry, we’ll take special care of your trinkets and treasures. Finally, when repairs are complete and the cleaning is done, we’ll return your cleaned contents, and even help you unpack!
While fire damage can be devastating, SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is here to help. Let us show you the meaning of “Like it never even happened.”
CALL SERVPRO OF CHESTER, HARDIN, HENDERSON AND MCNAIRY COUNTIES TODAY! 731-983-0883
Indoor Air Pollution and Air Sampling
We’re all aware of the toxic chemicals that are labeled as poisons, and to be cautious about our exposure to them, but what about those seemingly harmless products that can cause their own nasty symptoms? Things like household cleaners, paints, cosmetics and even furnishings and clothing can cause indoor air pollution.
Been feeling a little nauseous, congested or fatigued with no explanation or underlying cause? Do you have an odor, but you can’t quite find the source? Are you remodeling? Upgrading or replacing your HVAC system? Have you recently had some sort of damage or disaster in or around your home? If you answered yes to any of these, then indoor air testing may be a good choice. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy counties is trained, qualified and able to collect air samples, and perform remediation based on your test results.
Our testing can detect several pollutants in the air, including VOC’s (volatile organic compounds), mold spores, pet dander, and others. We’ll then provide you with a full lab report, including findings, normal levels, and protocols for treatment.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties today!