We’re under new management!
Left - Jeff Miller (Franchise Owner)
Right - Dewayne Copley (General Manager)
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is proud to announce our new team!
Our previous franchise owner, Glen Pendergrass, finally decided to take a well-deserved retirement. After a long and successful career in construction and restoration, Mr. Glen plans to enjoy a little R&R with his lovely wife, Debbie, and his children and grandchildren. Congratulations Glen and Debbie!
Our new franchise owner, Mr. Jeff Miller, is a long-time restoration and construction expert, while also serving the community as a firefighter at Jackson Fire Department. Jeff and his beautiful wife, Anna, are excited to start this new adventure.
Our new general manager is Dewayne Copley. Dewayne has been in the construction and restoration business for over 20 years. He even worked here at our SERVPRO for several years as a project manager. Dewayne works hard to ensure our customers have a great experience and that our crews have what they need when they need it. From materials to a helping hand, Dewayne is the go-to guy for jobsite needs.
The crew and staff at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties are excited about this new era and our new family! We look forward to providing fast, professional and personal service to our communities.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties for all your water and fire damage restoration needs! 731-983-0883
BE PREPARED! Things you can do now that will make your home disaster claim go smoother
- Make an inventory list
- Go through each room of your home and take photos from each corner. Note the photos, art and other possessions. Take close-ups of items of exceptional value, whether sentimental or financial.
- List items on a spreadsheet, include model and serial numbers, manufacture dates, and other pertinent information.
- Include a general estimate of the quantity of everyday items like silverware, linens, and even clothing items. Ex: 10 Men’s T-shirts - XL, 4 men’s dress slacks - Size 34/32
- Scan or photograph important documents and save onto a flash drive.
These can help you obtain replacement documents, or file claims in the event your originals are destroyed. Don’t forget to include your inventory list. NOTE: keep this drive in a safe, fireproof location, or in a safe deposit box at the bank. Be sure to update the files every year, or any time something changes.
- Don’t hold on to junk!
Get rid of unused, broken, or unwanted items as soon as possible. When you have damage to your home, some or all of your contents, down to canned goods and refrigerated items, may have to be removed (and inventoried) during repairs. Save yourself and your SERVPRO technicians some time by throwing out or donating your unused items regularly.
- Schedule an insurance review with your agent.
Familiarize yourself with your coverages, limits, deductibles, and exclusions. Talking with your agent and asking questions ahead of time, will prevent unexpected and unwelcome surprises at claim time. Many times we depend on our agents to have us “fully covered”, but everyone is different, and so are our insurance needs.
- Lastly, if something should happen – DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING!
Call us at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties. Your first instinct in a disaster will be to try to restore order. You’ll want to pick up, or attempt to clean and sort damaged items. Truthfully, that’s the last thing you should do and here’s why:
- It may not be safe to be in your home, or to handle the contents. This will depend on the type and severity of damage, but safety must come first.
- You may inadvertently cause irreparable damage to your possessions. SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle contents, clean or contaminated, without causing further damage or contamination.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties! We’re here for you 24/7!
CALL 731-983-0883 FOR ALL YOUR RESTORATION NEEDS
- Fire damage restoration
- Water damage restoration
- Bio-hazard remediation
- Mold remediation
- Carpet cleaning
- Duct cleaning
Your Springtime Chore List Made Simple
Relax and unwind knowing SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties has your back!
Spring is here! While the blooming flowers and green grass can be a refreshing change from the cold, it’s also a great time to do some chores you’ve been putting off. Here’s our take on the most important spring chores, and a few pro tips to help make your life easier.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. We don’t need to tell you how important this is!
- Conduct a thorough outside inspection of your home and property. Check the foundation for cracks or leaks. Check decks, windows and doors for any repairs needed. Take a stroll around the yard and fencing to check for ankle-twisting holes or fencing repairs that need to be done.
- Clean and install window screens. Keep the critters and insects outside while enjoying the comfortable breezes of spring.
- Inspect and clean appliances. Check for water leaks, broken wires, filter replacements and any other problems. Pull appliance away from the wall and thoroughly clean lint and dust buildup. While you’re at it, go ahead and clean out your dryer vents. Not only are full vents a fire hazard, but they cause your dryer to work harder, which could lead to costly repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the gutters and downspouts. Fall leaves can fill gutters quickly, and cause poor draining, as well as damage the gutters themselves.
PRO TIP! - While you’re on the ladder, take a quick look at the roof. Check for missing or damaged shingles, satellite dish connections and attic vents.
- Clean ceiling fans and light fixtures. Remove and wash globes, replace blown bulbs and wipe down the surfaces. Be on the lookout for broken or burnt wiring and components.
PRO TIP! Check to make sure your ceiling fan blades are spinning clockwise to pull warmer air up and out. In the fall, reverse direction to push the warmer air down toward the floor.
- Clean the patio, grill, and outdoor furniture. Pressure wash the patios, porches and decks. Empty ashes and scrape grill racks. Check gas grills and tanks for leaks. Wipe down outdoor furniture and cushions, and add some new pillows or accents in bright, fun colors.
PRO TIP! On wooden surfaces, be sure to spray with the grain of wood to prevent splintering and damage. If water doesn’t bead up on the surface, it may be time to reseal.
- Perform maintenance on your mower and yard equipment. Inspect blades and belts, check the spark plugs, and change the oil and filters if applicable. Wind some new string in your weed trimmer.
PRO TIP! Never cut off more than a third of the length of a blade of grass. Leaving some length will keep the roots shaded and promote deeper roots and promote fullness.
PRO TIP! When mowing on a hill, mow up and down with a riding mower, and mow across when using a push-mower.
PRO TIP! Water your grass in the early morning to allow the sun to help with drying. Prolonged moisture on the blades can lead to disease and deteriorate the beautiful lawn you’ve worked so hard to grow.
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is available 24/7 to answer your call! 731-983-0883
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties, 731-983-0883
House Fire? What to do when the smoke clears...
This dining room was affected heavily by smoke damage. Our SERVPRO heroes are trained and equipped to sort it out and clean it up. Give us a call!
Once the flames are out and everyone’s accounted for, the long road to recovery begins. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed, there are many resources available to help you get through it. Here’s a basic to-do list to help you get started.
- Make sure the house has been cleared and deemed safe for entry.
- DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING! Don’t attempt to remove or clean anything. Fire damage and especially soot and smoke damage can be difficult to clean. Also, oils from your skin or any other cleaning products could cause further damage, and even ruin your belongings. It’s best to leave the clean up to the professionals.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to get your claim started. An adjuster will most likely need to visit the home to assess the damage.
- Document everything. While we don’t recommend you touch or move anything, it is important to keep a list, with photos where possible, of ruined or damaged items. This will help you and your insurance company make sure the items get replaced.
- Finally, call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties. We’ll handle the rest! We’ll work with your insurance company and you to get your home cleaned, repaired and restored as quickly as possible. We’ll pack, inventory and clean your belongings using our SERVPRO exclusive products and training. Don’t worry, we’ll take special care of your trinkets and treasures. Finally, when repairs are complete and the cleaning is done, we’ll return your cleaned contents, and even help you unpack!
While fire damage can be devastating, SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is here to help. Let us show you the meaning of “Like it never even happened.”
CALL SERVPRO OF CHESTER, HARDIN, HENDERSON AND MCNAIRY COUNTIES TODAY! 731-983-0883
Indoor Air Pollution and Air Sampling
We’re all aware of the toxic chemicals that are labeled as poisons, and to be cautious about our exposure to them, but what about those seemingly harmless products that can cause their own nasty symptoms? Things like household cleaners, paints, cosmetics and even furnishings and clothing can cause indoor air pollution.
Been feeling a little nauseous, congested or fatigued with no explanation or underlying cause? Do you have an odor, but you can’t quite find the source? Are you remodeling? Upgrading or replacing your HVAC system? Have you recently had some sort of damage or disaster in or around your home? If you answered yes to any of these, then indoor air testing may be a good choice. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy counties is trained, qualified and able to collect air samples, and perform remediation based on your test results.
Our testing can detect several pollutants in the air, including VOC’s (volatile organic compounds), mold spores, pet dander, and others. We’ll then provide you with a full lab report, including findings, normal levels, and protocols for treatment.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties today!
Mold...and what you can do about it.
If you find mold in your home, don’t disturb or attempt to clean it. Leave the area, close off A/C vents, and call SERVPRO at 731-983-0883!
Mold is a naturally occurring substance and is present most everywhere, indoors and outside. However, mold inside your home can cause some serious problems if left untreated. Keep in mind that mold spores are microscopic and many are airborne. This means it’s virtually impossible to completely remove mold from every surface. You can remediate mold to a safe level and prevent further growth. Here are some things to remember regarding mold growth:
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can grow within 48 hours of exposure to any kind of moisture - from water damage, to humidity, to the misguided attempts to remove mold using bleach and other products.
- Mold spores can enter your home through an infinite number of ways; including open doors and windows, pets, A/C systems, and even on your clothes. There is really no way to prevent mold spores from entering your home, but you can take measures to prevent it from colonizing and becoming a problem.
- Most mold species have a strong odor which can alert you to possible problem areas. A musty, stale odor needs to be investigated.
- If you find mold in your home, don’t disturb or attempt to clean it. The untrained person can inadvertently feed or spread mold spores by attempting to clean or remove visible mold from surfaces. It’s best to call a trained professional who has safe and effective procedures for mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is trained and certified in effective mold remediation, and we’re here to help you 24/7.
If You Suspect Mold In Your Home, Call Us Today – 731-983-0883
Commercial Water Damage? SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties can get you back in business.
Flooding and water damage at commercial properties are often complex. Various situations can occur that require specific knowledge and adaptability. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson & McNairy Counties
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson & McNairy Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Bio-Hazard Cleaning and why it’s important to call a professional…
At SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson, and McNairy Counties,we're prepared for any situation. Call us today!
First, a professional cleaning company will have training, equipment and all the proper chemicals to remove, clean or restore contaminated materials safely and legally. Speaking of legally, state and federal guidelines require proper disposal and transport of certain hazardous materials, and if you get caught handling things improperly, it could cost you thousands of dollars in fines.
Also, most insurance policies provide coverage for these situations. We'll be happy to work with your insurance company to handle your claim quickly and easily.
TRAUMA/DEATH – In addition to the emotional toll this type of scene can cause, there are significant health risks. Blood and tissue can carry a multitude of infectious diseases. Drug-related trauma or death can carry exposure risks to dangerous or deadly drugs through blood or contaminated needles/syringes and other delivery devices. Death itself, poses it’s own problems. Upon death, decomposition begins which releases toxic chemicals that can contaminate surfaces in the immediate area. SERVPRO technicians are trained and equipped to properly dispose of and/or clean affected areas.
HOARDING – There are many variations of hoarding situations, but most become unsanitary over time. It can be a bit overwhelming to enter the home of a loved one to find stacks of everything, from clothing, to animals (and their messes), to trash and dirty dishes piled to the ceiling. Even if the trash isn’t stacked in every corner, often times items sit untouched for days, months or years. This would allow dust, mold, and pests to infest those areas causing all sorts of potential health risks. Sadly, many items that the “hoarder” is emotionally attached to, become unsalvageable. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties has experience with even the worst of hoarding situations, and we’re here to help.
SEWAGE BACKUP – Sewage backup can be cause by a clogged pipe, or even local flooding. Raw sewage can contain fecal matter and other bodily fluids which can cause a multitude of diseases and health problems. Floodwaters often contain raw sewage as well as other harmful contaminants, so flooding should also be treated as a bio-hazard.
In any case, bio-hazards should be contained and treated by professionals to avoid any danger to individuals in or near contaminated areas, those who handle waste, and those who live and work near any contaminated area. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us with any situation and watch us make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties today! 731-983-0883
Unfortunately, when you have this type of situation, you need someone immediately. You need someone with the proper training and proper equipment, and you need someone who can treat you, your home or business, and those around you with respect and dignity. If tragedy strikes around you, give us a call. We'll start the process right away, send qualified and compassionate technicians, and we'll work with your insurance company.
SERVPRO “TEAMS UP” WITH LOCAL STUDENTS FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Here at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties, we care about our community and our neighbors. We recently teamed up with some local students to make a difference in the lives of two families. In the process of working a recent fire loss, one of our associates opened his heart and came up with a beautiful way to support a friend in need, and get some work done!
Due to the extent of fire and smoke damage, one particular home was going to be completely stripped down to the studs and rebuilt. Our associate’s son had been talking to him about his friend, whose mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and no longer able to work. Due to medical treatments, travel and everyday life, the family was struggling financially. So our associate rallied the troops and made a plan! Several friends of the young man, along with their fathers, volunteered their time and muscles to complete the “tearing out phase”.
When we proposed our plan to the homeowner, she was moved by the generosity of the boys. So with her permission, they went to work and cleared the structure in a long day’s work. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties donated all proceeds from the demolition to the young man and his family. Work was done, lessons were learned, and memories were made. Two families were helped, and multiple hearts were touched. It was a great day that none of us will soon forget.