Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Indoor Air Pollution and Air Sampling
We’re all aware of the toxic chemicals that are labeled as poisons, and to be cautious about our exposure to them, but what about those seemingly harmless products that can cause their own nasty symptoms? Things like household cleaners, paints, cosmetics and even furnishings and clothing can cause indoor air pollution.
Been feeling a little nauseous, congested or fatigued with no explanation or underlying cause? Do you have an odor, but you can’t quite find the source? Are you remodeling? Upgrading or replacing your HVAC system? Have you recently had some sort of damage or disaster in or around your home? If you answered yes to any of these, then indoor air testing may be a good choice. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy counties is trained, qualified and able to collect air samples, and perform remediation based on your test results.
Our testing can detect several pollutants in the air, including VOC’s (volatile organic compounds), mold spores, pet dander, and others. We’ll then provide you with a full lab report, including findings, normal levels, and protocols for treatment.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties today!
Mold...and what you can do about it.
If you find mold in your home, don’t disturb or attempt to clean it. Leave the area, close off A/C vents, and call SERVPRO at 731-983-0883!
Mold is a naturally occurring substance and is present most everywhere, indoors and outside. However, mold inside your home can cause some serious problems if left untreated. Keep in mind that mold spores are microscopic and many are airborne. This means it’s virtually impossible to completely remove mold from every surface. You can remediate mold to a safe level and prevent further growth. Here are some things to remember regarding mold growth:
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can grow within 48 hours of exposure to any kind of moisture - from water damage, to humidity, to the misguided attempts to remove mold using bleach and other products.
- Mold spores can enter your home through an infinite number of ways; including open doors and windows, pets, A/C systems, and even on your clothes. There is really no way to prevent mold spores from entering your home, but you can take measures to prevent it from colonizing and becoming a problem.
- Most mold species have a strong odor which can alert you to possible problem areas. A musty, stale odor needs to be investigated.
- If you find mold in your home, don’t disturb or attempt to clean it. The untrained person can inadvertently feed or spread mold spores by attempting to clean or remove visible mold from surfaces. It’s best to call a trained professional who has safe and effective procedures for mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is trained and certified in effective mold remediation, and we’re here to help you 24/7.
If You Suspect Mold In Your Home, Call Us Today – 731-983-0883
Conditions In Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties Might Be Right For Mold
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties knows what to do if mold grows in your home.
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 855-983-0883
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties for mold remediation services.