Recent Community Posts
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
Happy Holidays from your SERVPRO of CHHM crew!
The holidays are here!
Decorations, and shopping and cooking, Oh My!
The busiest celebration season of the year has begun, but don't forget these quick safety tips to make sure the fun doesn't stop for trouble.
- Be sure to keep your space heaters in an open and safe area. Keep children and pets at least 3 feet away!
- Insulate the water pipes under your house and keep your sink cabinet doors open to help prevent burst pipes.
- Keep smokers, deep fryers, and even ovens and stove tops safe. Never leave them unattended, and keep those outdoor appliances a safe distance from your home.
- Have your fireplace cleaned and inspected before throwing the logs on.
We hope your holiday season is fun, warm, and worry-free, but should you need us, SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is available 24/7!
Call us at 731-983-0883 today!
We’re under new management!
Left - Jeff Miller (Franchise Owner)
Right - Dewayne Copley (General Manager)
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is proud to announce our new team!
Our previous franchise owner, Glen Pendergrass, finally decided to take a well-deserved retirement. After a long and successful career in construction and restoration, Mr. Glen plans to enjoy a little R&R with his lovely wife, Debbie, and his children and grandchildren. Congratulations Glen and Debbie!
Our new franchise owner, Mr. Jeff Miller, is a long-time restoration and construction expert, while also serving the community as a firefighter at Jackson Fire Department. Jeff and his beautiful wife, Anna, are excited to start this new adventure.
Our new general manager is Dewayne Copley. Dewayne has been in the construction and restoration business for over 20 years. He even worked here at our SERVPRO for several years as a project manager. Dewayne works hard to ensure our customers have a great experience and that our crews have what they need when they need it. From materials to a helping hand, Dewayne is the go-to guy for jobsite needs.
The crew and staff at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties are excited about this new era and our new family! We look forward to providing fast, professional and personal service to our communities.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties for all your water and fire damage restoration needs! 731-983-0883
Your Springtime Chore List Made Simple
Relax and unwind knowing SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties has your back!
Spring is here! While the blooming flowers and green grass can be a refreshing change from the cold, it’s also a great time to do some chores you’ve been putting off. Here’s our take on the most important spring chores, and a few pro tips to help make your life easier.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. We don’t need to tell you how important this is!
- Conduct a thorough outside inspection of your home and property. Check the foundation for cracks or leaks. Check decks, windows and doors for any repairs needed. Take a stroll around the yard and fencing to check for ankle-twisting holes or fencing repairs that need to be done.
- Clean and install window screens. Keep the critters and insects outside while enjoying the comfortable breezes of spring.
- Inspect and clean appliances. Check for water leaks, broken wires, filter replacements and any other problems. Pull appliance away from the wall and thoroughly clean lint and dust buildup. While you’re at it, go ahead and clean out your dryer vents. Not only are full vents a fire hazard, but they cause your dryer to work harder, which could lead to costly repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the gutters and downspouts. Fall leaves can fill gutters quickly, and cause poor draining, as well as damage the gutters themselves.
PRO TIP! - While you’re on the ladder, take a quick look at the roof. Check for missing or damaged shingles, satellite dish connections and attic vents.
- Clean ceiling fans and light fixtures. Remove and wash globes, replace blown bulbs and wipe down the surfaces. Be on the lookout for broken or burnt wiring and components.
PRO TIP! Check to make sure your ceiling fan blades are spinning clockwise to pull warmer air up and out. In the fall, reverse direction to push the warmer air down toward the floor.
- Clean the patio, grill, and outdoor furniture. Pressure wash the patios, porches and decks. Empty ashes and scrape grill racks. Check gas grills and tanks for leaks. Wipe down outdoor furniture and cushions, and add some new pillows or accents in bright, fun colors.
PRO TIP! On wooden surfaces, be sure to spray with the grain of wood to prevent splintering and damage. If water doesn’t bead up on the surface, it may be time to reseal.
- Perform maintenance on your mower and yard equipment. Inspect blades and belts, check the spark plugs, and change the oil and filters if applicable. Wind some new string in your weed trimmer.
PRO TIP! Never cut off more than a third of the length of a blade of grass. Leaving some length will keep the roots shaded and promote deeper roots and promote fullness.
PRO TIP! When mowing on a hill, mow up and down with a riding mower, and mow across when using a push-mower.
PRO TIP! Water your grass in the early morning to allow the sun to help with drying. Prolonged moisture on the blades can lead to disease and deteriorate the beautiful lawn you’ve worked so hard to grow.
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is available 24/7 to answer your call! 731-983-0883
SERVPRO “TEAMS UP” WITH LOCAL STUDENTS FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Here at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties, we care about our community and our neighbors. We recently teamed up with some local students to make a difference in the lives of two families. In the process of working a recent fire loss, one of our associates opened his heart and came up with a beautiful way to support a friend in need, and get some work done!
Due to the extent of fire and smoke damage, one particular home was going to be completely stripped down to the studs and rebuilt. Our associate’s son had been talking to him about his friend, whose mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and no longer able to work. Due to medical treatments, travel and everyday life, the family was struggling financially. So our associate rallied the troops and made a plan! Several friends of the young man, along with their fathers, volunteered their time and muscles to complete the “tearing out phase”.
When we proposed our plan to the homeowner, she was moved by the generosity of the boys. So with her permission, they went to work and cleared the structure in a long day’s work. SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties donated all proceeds from the demolition to the young man and his family. Work was done, lessons were learned, and memories were made. Two families were helped, and multiple hearts were touched. It was a great day that none of us will soon forget.
How much do you know about Thanksgiving?
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties!
Americans aren’t the only ones who celebrate Thanksgiving
- Canada’s Thanksgiving is celebrated during the second week in October, and marks the successful harvest of the French settlers
- The Harvest Thanksgiving Festival in Germany, also observed in October, consists of feasting and religious celebrations.
- In Japan, the people observe Labor Thanksgiving Day, which began as a harvest festival, but in modern times has become a celebration of labor, production, and thankfulness.
- In The Netherlands, Thanksgiving Day is in honor of the Pilgrims that lived in Leiden before continuing on to Plymouth.
Our favorite things about Thanksgiving:
- Our top three favorite Thanksgiving dishes are turkey, followed by stuffing, with pumpkin pie rounding out third.
- The average person will consume around 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving! That’s more than double what we eat on a typical day. It’s no wonder we love our afternoon naps as much as we love the turkey!
- TV dinners were invented due to an ordering error at Swanson. They had 260 tons of extra turkey! A salesman for the company suggested they pack it in aluminum trays with all the trimmings like sweet potatoes and corn. They sold over 10 million packages that first year, and a star was born.
- We love our leftovers! 80% of Americans say they enjoy the leftovers more than the actual meal.
Every Thanksgiving since 1934 The Detroit Lions have hosted a football game. That year, they played the Chicago Bears in front of a crowd of 26,000. The first televised game was in 1956. The Chicago Bears have also made a tradition of playing football on Thanksgiving. Most recently, a third NFL game has been scheduled as well, but the teams alternate each year.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is watched by around 44 million every year. The first parade was held in 1924 and was 2 city blocks in length. There were no giant balloons, only live animals from the Central Park Zoo. Today, the parade stretches for 2.5 miles and more than 3 million spectators line the streets of New York. Macy’s idea was to promote the holiday shopping season.
- Speaking of shopping! Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year. 102 million people shop til they drop, spending an average of $300 per person. In more recent years, Amazon and other online retailers have extended the shopping spree through Cyber Monday, when the best deals online can be found. In 2011, Wal-Mart broke tradition and opened on the evening of Thanksgiving, with many other retailers following suit. Many shoppers have adopted a new tradition of shopping as soon as the dishes are cleared.
It’s great to be a plumber during Thanksgiving weekend !
Plumbers boast this as their busiest time of the year. It seems all the extra dish-washing, showering , and laundry that visiting family members can add, puts a little stress on the plumbing. Put away a few bucks for repairs if you’re hosting this year’s Thanksgiving feast!
AND MOST OF ALL, WE’RE THANKFUL!
According to a recent Harris poll, Americans are most thankful for family, health, and freedom, respectively.
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is not only thankful for these things, but for the opportunity to be of service to those in our communities when they are most in need. We wish for all to be happy and healthy during this season of thanks. But when disaster strikes, we’re here to help.
Call SERVPRO today! 731-983-0883