Mold...and what you can do about it.
Mold is a naturally occurring substance and is present most everywhere, indoors and outside. However, mold inside your home can cause some serious problems if left untreated. Keep in mind that mold spores are microscopic and many are airborne. This means it’s virtually impossible to completely remove mold from every surface. You can remediate mold to a safe level and prevent further growth. Here are some things to remember regarding mold growth:
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can grow within 48 hours of exposure to any kind of moisture - from water damage, to humidity, to the misguided attempts to remove mold using bleach and other products.
- Mold spores can enter your home through an infinite number of ways; including open doors and windows, pets, A/C systems, and even on your clothes. There is really no way to prevent mold spores from entering your home, but you can take measures to prevent it from colonizing and becoming a problem.
- Most mold species have a strong odor which can alert you to possible problem areas. A musty, stale odor needs to be investigated.
- If you find mold in your home, don’t disturb or attempt to clean it. The untrained person can inadvertently feed or spread mold spores by attempting to clean or remove visible mold from surfaces. It’s best to call a trained professional who has safe and effective procedures for mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties is trained and certified in effective mold remediation, and we’re here to help you 24/7.
If You Suspect Mold In Your Home, Call Us Today – 731-983-0883